Preserve the Beauty of Deception Pass!
Adopt-a-trail allows the public to actively participate in the conservation of our beloved state park by assisting park staff in keeping trails clean and safe. This is the perfect opportunity for Navy groups, Scout troops, businesses, families, and any other groups looking for regular community service.
Available trails can be adopted at any time for the remainder of the calendar year. We encourage volunteers to bring their own hand tools and other supplies, but this can be discussed with our Adopt-A-Trail coordinator.
- Patrol and maintain your selected trail at least once a month during the adoption year.
- Pick up litter along the trail
- Clear trail of small debris and encroaching vegetation with the use of hand tools
- Report any downed trees, vandalism, or other problems to the coordinator
|Trail Area||Adopted By|
|Rosario Beach||VQ-1 First Class Mess|
|Ginnett Hill||Troop 4081|
|North Bowman Bay||The Cash Family|
|South Bowman Bay||Anacortes Kayak Tours|
|North Beach||Reiman Family|
|Goose Rock||Claus Family|
|Cranberry Lake||CNATTU FCPOA|
|North Hoypus||Walker Family|
|Southeast Hoypus||Mechling / Glavick Families|
|Deception Pass Bridge Graffiti Rangers||Navy SAR|
|Dugualla Bay State Park||Miss Oak Harbor|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Volunteers are required to commit to the program for the remainder of the calendar year.
- The group leader/liaison must be 18 years or older
- There must be an adult on site responsible for any volunteers under the age of 18
- Volunteers must provide their own tools unless previously arranged with the program coordinator
- Chainsaws are not permitted
For those interested in our Adopt-A-Trail program, please contact our Adopt-A-Trail coordinator, Ty Mechling, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your requested trail area. Then fill out a New Volunteer Request form (if you have not already filled one out for any previous volunteer project).