Come work with Deception Pass Park Foundation (DPPF)! We are looking for two Teen Ambassadors to build professional skills while working on projects that will make an impact on the community and Deception Pass State Park for the 2022-2023 school year.
Learn about Non-Profit Board functioning by participating in DPPF events, develop professional writing and presenting skills, and gain valuable connections by working closely with State Park Staff. Then conclude your term by developing a capstone project guided by Park Staff and your mentor to advance the vision of improving conservation and restoration efforts in the Park.
This is an ideal position for individuals looking to gain experience in resource management, park operations, non-profit functioning, and environmental science.
About the Program
Next Ambassadorship Dates: September 2022 – May 2023
Teen Ambassador Responsibilities
- Develop & complete a capstone project
- Write regular Current newsletter articles
- Generate artwork/YouTube videos to facilitate community outreach and projects
- Work with and assist Park Interpretive Ranger
- Present at foundation events
- Attend Monthly Foundation Board Meetings (4 meetings)
- Volunteer with DPSP and other organizations up to 100hrs over the year
- Final Presentation of accomplishments and written annual report
- Monthly mileage reimbursement ($60/month)
- One-on-one mentorship
- Professional portfolio development
- Exposure to non-profit and state park management
The 2022 application will be open from March 1, 2022 to May 1, 2022.
- 14-18 Years of Age
- Resident of Island or Skagit County
- Capable of committing 1 Year of Service Term
- Reliable Transportation
- Strong interest in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science
To apply, applicants must submit the application along with two references. We will contact chosen applicants to schedule a phone/zoom interview. Selections will be made without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability, marital status, or age.